Johnny Nash wrote the lyrics for this song released in 1972.
I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
(You probably have that tune in your head now. You’re welcome!)
Now that it is 2020, what can you see clearly now? What are you planning on doing based on what you hope to accomplish this 2020 year? What resolutions are you making to achieve those plans?
I have a few resolutions for our church family that I would like your help with achieving.
1) Please have your picture taken for the photo wall if you haven’t already. If you haven’t had it done recently, please get an updated one. That will help the wall and another project that will be done later in the year.
2) Join me in connecting with one another as prayer partners. We will randomly draw names on February 16th and find ways we can connect with one another “Heart2Heart.” We will connect with one another for the year covenanting to connect regularly to pray with each other and for each other. More info will be coming out in the next Vista.
3) Please attend one of the “Spiritual Gifts and Dreaming” Sessions that I will hold throughout the year. These will be opportunities to identify your spiritual gifts and consider how you might be called to put them to use in the service of God’s Kingdom.
4) Calling all game players and hosts/hostesses! I am looking for people interested in hosting games here at church, or in their homes, where they will invite others to join them. Or for those who would like to help organize some regular potlucks/ meals to gather people around food. Let me know if you are interested.
5) Calling all crafty people (those who do various crafts, not the devious kind!). I am looking at building a large cross for BSLC that will have various panels showing different arts/crafts making up the cross. If you are interested in helping out in that endeavor in any way, please let me know.
There will be many other things throughout the year as well, Bible studies, prayer groups, worship, etc. Lots of other ways to ‘see’ you get connected with one another and with the God who loved us to death, and then to life!
People often ask me if I have a clear vision of what the future will be for BSLC. Not really, not clearly. What I do know is that to go into the future, we need to do it together. So join me in connecting more with one another and then let us together see what God has in store for us.
Johnny Nash didn’t right these words, but they help us remember that it is going to truly be a bright sunshiny day! “This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
Remember that God loves you and so do I!